Saturday, October 23, 2010

If I were to pick the cover...



If I were to pick a new cover for Mark Bauerlein's The Dumbest Generation, I would choose this image. Although this image consist mainly of words, it captures the idea of what I perceive this book to be about (considering I haven't started reading it yet). Those of us in the younger generation (the under 30 group as Bauerlein claims) are obsessed with "The Google." We rely on it to answer everything. In fact, to find my image for this assignment I "Googled" creative commons images and went through the pages. What captures me most about this image, though, is the nothing aspect. Google does not provide all the answers, which is the argument for the book.

**********************************************************************************

Upon further reflection, I would actually make this saying be on the t-shirt of a typical adolescent, because as a general rule, t-shirts with quirky sayings on them are quite popular. My book cover image might look something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment